Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mili O' Gram

Woooooooohoooooooo!!! We are back on schedule now. Mili is so much happier when she knows what is happening next. This morning she was elated to find out that we would walk to the store for some milk. She loves outside so much. It is amazing how she connects things......I always put sunscreen on her before we go outside. As soon as I bring out the tube of sunscreen, Mili is hopping and waving her arms looking straight at the door. I think I should place a camera outside on the staircase. It is quite comical when I am coming up the stairs with Mili (most important cargo), stroller, and bags from the grocery store. I must breathe really hard when I do this task because when I put Mili down in the house she always sighs (or maybe it is a real sigh because she is being squeezed to death all the way up the stairs).

Mili has become so independent recently. She is no longer eating on a schedule, she is now signing to me when she wants to eat and when she wants more. She woke up this morning with food on her mind and didn't stop thinking about it all day. Our normal schedule includes yogurt for Mili at about 4 or 4:30. Today at a little before 4:00 Mili looked up at me and signed "ice cream". That is what we call her yogurt since there is not a specific sign for yogurt.

Today Mili also signed her first sentence. "Mommy more eat." She will be graduating from Montgomery County College soon. Don't worry....I'll send invitation so all of you that can't come can send money (heehee). We think we have a little genius on our hands (if she follows her daddy's footsteps that is a possibility).

We are now working on animals and animal sounds. Mili and Daddy are always clucking like chickens. It is hilarious. I need to get it on video or I will never forgive myself.

The sweetest thing Mili is doing now is asking to pray before meals. At lunch and dinner we have always prayed before our meals. I guess Mili has picked up on this. When we are setting the table or even when I am just feeding her breakfast she will clap her cute, chubby hands together and leave them together and nods her head like Jeanie on "I Dream of Jeanie." We will pray and then she wants to pray again. She is so cute. I think it is time to start a prayer and a bible story time before bedtime. I had no idea that she would pick up on it so quickly. It really makes me wonder how much she understands of our everyday schedules.

We never knew how much we would enjoy our precious baby.

I hope you enjoy your day. Hugs and Kisses to all!!!

1 comment:

Kamrin said...

Awwww. She is becomeing a real little person! Congratulations on raising such a fine child!