Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In Memory of Grandma Boyd

On Saturday morning a great Christian lady went home to be with the Lord in Heaven. A lady that I called grandma. She was not my blood relative but my best friend, Dani Lee's grandmother. I spent several nights with Dani Lee at her house and always loved any chance I got to eat at her table (great food.....mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese....just for you Dani). She was more of a grandma to me in some ways than my own (all my biological grandparents have gone to be with the Lord).

There are many reasons why I loved Grandma Boyd. She loved my family. Her husband (Grandpa Boyd went to be with the Lord many years ago) played a significant role in my life. He was the main person who introduced Jesus to my parents which then gave me the chance to have a personal relationship with Jesus as well. Wow.....what a powerful influence in my family. Not just mine but many more. The Boyd family has always held a special place in my heart because I do see them as a major part of my connection to Jesus.

Another thing I loved about Grandma Boyd was that she was always on the go. She was so active and lived life to the fullest. She was such a fun person to be around. I loved her loud clothes and big jewelry (understand she always matched from head to toe and looked like she had some place to go). She loved to host people at her house. I think the fuller the house the happier she was (especially if it was her family).

I can still remember the hugs and kisses every time I saw her. She really treated me like her own. I remember cooking cookies (cookie) at her house and learning how to float on my back for the first time in her swimming pool. Dani Lee and I never got bored at her house. She was defiantly one of those grandmas that every kid dreams of having....full of love and fun and not scared to use either one.

What a great example to look up to!!! I am praying for the Boyd family as they push through this difficult time. I love you all and am very sorry I could not be there.

Hugs and kisses to all of you!!

No comments: