Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Birthday Weekend

My Birthday weekend started off with a bang! Brian was gracious enough to let me go to a 24 hour crop (scrapbooking, pictures below). Yes that means Brian watched the children from 7PM Friday night until 6PM Saturday night. I only slept for about 1 hour at the most at the church (hoping to get more sleep but couldn't, too wound up). I didn't get much cropping done but got a lot of conversation with adults and made a lot of new friends and connections with people I didn't know well. I need that adult contact for me to be somewhat sane.

Here are pictures of my pages I did at the crop. If you click on the picture you can see it enlarged. Sorry they are blurry but I couldn't use the flash. The first two go together as a double layout.




























After a great weekend. Brian got me a card from the girls and a card from him and also an organizer for my paper for scrapbooking. I love it when he listens to me. I had mentioned after the 24 hour crop that I could get a lot more done if I had an organizer for my paper so I didn't have to go through ALL of it each time I was looking for something specific. Brian also cooked me my choice of brick chicken for dinner (YUM,YUM I had it for lunch today and plan to have it for dinner again tonite, BIG SMILE).

The best thing Brian did for my birthday was take off half a day of work to spend with me (It was a surprise to me since he normally comes home for lunch anyway but when he told me he was staying home, I was elated). Again, he had his listening ears on because I mentioned my favorite birthday was when we got snowed in, made snow dinosaurs (mommy and baby), and took a bubble bath. No presents necessary to make me happy on my birthday. Quality time is worth WAY more than something that you can buy.
Just thought I would share about my birthday weekend!!!

Love you all!

3 comments:

LeLe said...

Cute layouts!

Don't you love it when they listen when you least expect it? It's great.

Blessings All Mine said...

Awww. Cute layouts. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Very cute pictures...I wish I had the patience to scrapbook.