Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I CAN NOT Believe IT!!!

When my Mom and Sisters were here at the end of August, my mother-in-lawn (MIL) called me with some amazing news. She called to tell me that her and my father-in-law (FIL) would be coming to see Brian get ordained as a Deacon September 30th. I was so excited but she told me I couldn't tell Brian. At that time my FIL didn't know yet either.



The church he is the pastor of collected money for pastor appreciation month (October) to send he and my MIL here for several days. I have been keeping this secret for what seems like an eternity. Brian did not get to go home with me in May due to cost of another plane ticket and he wanted to save all of his time off to help me after Sadie was born. He has really been missing home and his family. It helped tremendously to have my Mom and Sisters come.



I finally called my MIL on Monday to see when the church was going to present them with the tickets. She said they had done it on Sunday night and they were both so excited. I wanted them to tell Brian so we arranged for them to call Tuesday night on the video phone at 7:00 EST so I could ensure that Brian would be home from work. I was trying to stall dinner knowing they would be calling and I didn't want to be in the middle of eating. Brian didn't suspect a thing. When they called they told us and Brian cried. I was ecstatic not to have to keep the secret anymore.

Well, that is not all of the surprise. My in-laws said that there was a surprise for me too. Then MY PARENTS showed up on the video phone screen. They told me they were coming too. WHOO HOOOOO!!!! I cried like a baby (it was the ugly cry so I covered my face). I am so excited that we don't have to wait until Christmas to see everyone. Getting to see my Mom twice in one months time is too much for me to take in right now (all together I will see my Mom a total of four times this year....something I thought was impossible while we lived here). My Dad is actually flying on a plane, which is a miracle in itself.

My heart is filled with great JOY for my parents and especially my in-laws to get to see such a special occasion in our lives (especially for Brian). Brian had been so bummed that no one from home would be here to support him. I can say nothing but great things about our church home in Arkansas. The very small church of about 50 member (including children) collected enough money to pay for four plane tickets. That in itself is amazing, but I would expect nothing less than this from our sweet friends back home. They are so selfless when it comes to giving. I could go on and on about how many times they have come through with giving (every year at Christmas time for the shoe boxes, for Katrina victims, when someones house burns down, for the homeless, and 7-11 donations just to name a few) but there is not enough room on this blog to do so. Church family in Arkansas (you know who you are), I am in tears right now thanking God for you. Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated. We love you more than you know and still pray for you often. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

The funniest part of this whole thing is that they had my Dad (a deacon/elder) present the tickets to my FIL and he had no idea his name was on one of the tickets. What a great surprise for him too. The Moms knew about it before they were presented the tickets because they both had to ask time off from work ahead of time. The Dads were both soooo surprised and so are we.

Hugs and Kisses to our sweet church family in Arkansas. We LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can we not love your parents and your in-laws. They are all great people and I am so glad that we were able to play a small part in their getting to come and see you all at this very special time in your life which is two fold; Brian becoming a deacon and the birth of little Sadie. What a celebration you will have. We love and miss you all.

Ms Hazel

Unknown said...

What a blessing! So happy for all of you...almost made me cry. I know I would be terribly homesick if I were that far from my family.

Anonymous said...

You made me cry..again! I am soooo happy that you all are soooo happy! Church was full of tears (happy)Sunday night, the entire thing was priceless! Your FIL was speachless, can you believe that?!? And your Dad's reaction was great! He did present the tickets to Bro. Joe, then I guess he finally saw his name and said something like "wait.." or "oh" and it clicked for him and it was great!! I wish you could have seen it all, but hey you get to see them and spend time with them really soon. I am so happy for Brian that he will have all his parents there to witness this awesome milestone in his life. God is Great! Sorry for the long comment. Love Dawn :)

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderfully awesome! I am SO happy for all of you! :) I'd have loved to have seen them get their tickets...that's really great! :)

Melanie

Blessings All Mine said...

Okay, I teared up with this one, Alice. And, I'm not even on a post-partum emotional rollocoaster ride! ahaha. How's the post-partum stuff going for you, BTW!

Shana said...

I'm crying in celebration with you. What an amazing gift.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when Mary told me. What a sweet, sweet church!!!
I know y'all will have a great time.
Tell Brian I am so proud of him.
Love ya and can't wait to see you,
Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for all of you!

DAD said...

WELL I WAS SPEECHLESS, INFACT AFTER EVERYTHING WAS DONE I ACTUALLY PREACHED A 5-10 MIN SERMON. THE SHORTEST IN MY LIFE AT LEAST SINCE HAVE BEEN AT THIS CHURCH(FEB WILL BE 29 YEARS). THAT WAS A MIRICLE IN ITS SELF. BUT THE LOOK ON YOUR DAD'S FACE WAS PRICELESS..HE WAS READING OFF THE CONFIRMATION OF THE FLIGHT AND THEN BRO JOHNNY OUR MUSIC DIRECTOR(ALSO ONE OF OUR DEACONS), TOLD HIM TO READ THE NAMES ON THE TICKETS, WHEN HE SAW HIS NAME HE SAID "OH MY GOODNESS" AND HE COULDN'T GET ANYTHING ELSE TO COME OUT. I KNEW JUST HOW HE FELT. IT WAS 25 MINUTES BEFORE I COULD SAY ANYTHING. I WANTED TO SHOUT BUT COULDN'T GET ANYTHING TO COME OUT. I CAN'T HARDLY WAIT TO GET ON THE PLANE. WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GET YOUR WISHES TO COME TRUE, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU LORD. LOVE YOU AND WILL SEE YOU SOON.

DAD said...

Sorry, that was supposed to be 20 years that I have been at the church in feb. It feels like just a few but it has been a good time with good good good people that love us more than we deserve. thanks.