Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sleep or Not to Sleep??


As you can see in the picture, Mili did sleep at her nap today. I guess she was doing gymnastics with her baby doll before she drifted off to sleep. I love capturing these cute pictures. They are so sweet. There was not a peep when I lay her in the crib for nap. She did, however, wake up an hour later crying. After being unsuccessful in getting her to lay back down and fall back to sleep, I picked her up and cuddled with her like I always do after her naps. She fell back to sleep for another hour and a half. I am not sure what is going on with her.

Today was tough because I was determined to get her to stay awake until after lunch so she would not want to go to sleep at 5:00 PM for another nap. I was successful in doing that. She fell asleep for her nap at about 1:00 and then she was sleepy at bedtime tonight. When I put her to bed and walked out of the room she began to cry. After many tries of comforting her and trying to get her to lay down again, Brian took over and hummed her to sleep. Now it is very quiet in the house (aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!). I am hoping that all my friends out there that have children and are much more experienced than me are right about "this too shall pass." I am dreading the terrible twos, although I think Mili is already there.

Mili has been displaying her anger at me when I tell her "NO". She first tries to bite me (and many times bites herself, leaving teeth marks on who ever she bites) and then she gets in more trouble so she pinches me. Brian saw it for the first time tonight at the dinner table (we had a wonderful dinner tonight....Mili cried most of the time we were trying to eat. Mad because she was not getting her way). I am not sure "strong-willed" would even touch some of her persistence (I am hoping to mold that part of her personality into something good). Right now she just tries to use it to get what she wants. Her thoughts are "if I can only wear down mom enough to make her give me my way......victory for me."

Okay, enough "poor me" party as a mom. I asked for it (I don't' think I really knew what I was asking for). Brian and I were just discussing tonight about all the good things about Mili. You have to do that sometimes when you get so frustrated. Again, God reminds me that Mili is a gift from Him and my responsibility is to care for her and direct her in the right way.

Thank you to all the comments on my last blog. I appreciate the advice and I am always willing to accept advice from anyone of you who has been there and done that (some of you more than one time). I will take any advice on the biting and pinching thing too. If you have a magical cure. I promise I will talk about more positive things next entry.

Love to all!!

1 comment:

Kamrin said...

I found the Dr Sears book on discipline outstanding in helping me to understand what is happening developmentally that is affecting my kids behavior. It has come in handy for years now! I am glad she is getting some sleep, and you some rest!