Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Ten years ago today was a wild and crazy day for us. In all the business, Brian's main concern was to find my pantyhose before I stroked out. He was successful in doing so and I have loved him ever since. That night was so great (even though it was 100 degrees in the church because we (Alice) didn't want the AC to blow out the candles). Another great memory from our wedding day was me screaming as I frolicked around (sisters and best friend trailing with my train) as I run from a wasp. Dad was trying to kill it (he is allergic). I was worried about him getting stung and swelling up so I was screaming about the wasp and screaming at my dad to leave it alone. He was just trying to protect me (I understand now that I am a mommy). My wedding coordinator (one of my best friends) busts out of the door of the church saying "shhhhhhh" they can hear you in the church. What a great day. Wow....time has gone by so fast.

We have had such a great time growing together. I was thinking today as I wrote Brian a letter about all the things we have done together and how we have supported each other in all things. We got our first dose of reality when we were kicked out of our rental home six months after being married (not for anything we had done, the landlord was getting a divorce and needed her place back to live in). We didn't have the money to move and our only dependable car was in the shop. This chaos happened during our first Christmas (all decorations had just gone up and then we had to take them back down). Brian and I grew so much during this time in our lives and I would not change it for the world. It all worked out for the best in the long run. We got to move during Christmas break (we were both full time college students when we got married). We moved to Benton and later I would be five minutes from my job as a public school interpreter (can't get any better than that).

We have supported each other through many things such as our first experience flying (to San Francisco of all places, talking about a culture shock), moving several times, graduating college (and PhD), several job changes, separation from our family and friends, and most importantly the birth of Mili. When we are together we are unstoppable. There is nothing we can't do when we stand side by side. I would follow Brian anywhere, even to Africa (inside joke for those of you that know) and live in a tent if I had to.

After Mili was born I realized I loved Brian even more (I didn't think that was possible). When I look at Mili I see part of Brian and I love that. It is like having part of Brian home with me all day (I am sure when she starts to act up like Brian, I will think twice about that statement...just kidding sweetie).

I woke up this morning to hand dipped chocolate strawberries, lemon poppyseed muffins and milk, in bed. I was in breakfast heaven. I ate all that was on the plate and then later started in on the other muffins and left over chocolate. After all it was for me...right?? I have such a great husband. He is so romantic and thoughtful even after 10 years of marriage and almost 18 years of being together.

It has been a great 10 years and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the next 10. God has truly blessed us in so many ways I could never list them all. You get the idea. We are in love....still in love.....in love more everyday.

Going for now....more later...wish I had a scanner to scan a wedding picture in for you all.
Goodnight.....love to all!!!!

1 comment:

Kamrin said...

Congratulations! Ain't true love grand?!? Have a beautiful day and peck Brian on the cheek for me!