Wednesday, August 22, 2007

39 weeks and counting down days!


My appointment went well today. I am dilated to almost 3 cm and my doctor stripped my membranes. It is suppose to help get labor going. The doctor also said that my bag of water is bulging. I have had a lot of pressure especially when I am walking and having a contraction. My blood pressure was 112/80 and Sadie Beth's heartbeat was fine. The doctor even mentioned how happy she must be in there....I am trying to smile at that comment.

Last night as we walked at the mall (never thought I would get tired of seeing the mall but I am) my contractions were strong enough to stop conversation but not strong enough to interrupt my walking.

If I make it to my next appointment then we will discuss induction or just breaking my water, like when I was pregnant with Mili, so I can have the baby as natural as possible. They won't let me go past 41 weeks. I have had contractions since I arrived home from the doctor so I am hoping they will get more consistent. Having one now and they are definitely more intense than they have been.

Brian is a little on edge but I know he will be fine when we "know" it is time (can you ever know?) and get Mili dropped off and settled. The extra stress of making sure Mili is cared for while we are at the hospital makes us a little uneasy. I know she will be just fine and will probably have more fun at her babysitters house than she does at home with me all day. Then the fact that we have to worry about the time of day it is and what the traffic looks like at that time. We may have to take an alternate route due to traffic. Anyway these are just a few things that are going through Brian's mind on top of the fact that he will be getting ready to coach me through another natural childbirth experience. A lot of pressure on my sweet hubby.

Prayers are much appreciated at this point. That everything would go smoothly and we will hopefully have a baby sooner than later.

Love to ALL!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Contractions are just your body hugging that baby a few last times! After having had tons of "false" labors with Alexandrea, my labor seemed rather easy as I my body was used to the contractions and I was so ready to have my baby! May your labor be as easy!

Anonymous said...

Stipped membranes does help, I hope it will help you. Sadie is just happy, comfy and cozy in there, but she is on her way soon I hope as I know you do too. I pray that she will arrive in God's time and that you will have a safe delivery. Tell Brian we are thinking of him too, and we love you all.

Dawn :)

DAD said...

HEY I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING IF IF IF IF IF YA'LL WERE BACK HERE WE COULD TAKE CARE OF MILI OH BUT THAT IS A LOOOOOOOOOOG WAY TO DRIVE AT THAT MOMENT, SORRY, I WAS JUST THINKING OUT LOUD, INSTEAD OF LOL. LOVE YOU AND HOPE IT IS TODAY FOR YOUR SAKE. LOVE YA DAD

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. I know this has to be exciting and scary at the same time. Having other children to care for makes it especially difficult - we were lucky with Katie and then Emma because we lived close to family. Good luck and we will be praying for you :)

Shana said...

Sounds like you've got all the right plans thought out as best as possible! Much love from WI! Easy labor vibes and smoooooth contraction prayers from us.

Unknown said...

Praying for all of you...Brian to have calm nerves, Mili to have a great time at the sitters house, and You to have an easy labor...and definitely Sadie to arrive safely into this world. Hope its today!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm sure everything will go smoothly, and then you'll have your Sadie with you at last! Prayers and hugs to all! :)

Melanie