Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hair Wars




I haven't posted pictures of Mili since Christmas and just wanted to update you all with her cute, sweet face. I think she is so cute with nothing but a towel on. There is something so innocent about those pictures. Nothing more beautiful than wet hair out of her face with wet eyelashes.

Each time I look at her I realize I love her even more (if that is possible). Speaking of hair out of her face. It is becoming a chore to find a way to do just that. We have hair wars (mostly on my part, she sits pretty still and doesn't really complain much) everyday. During the day when we have no place to go, I try to pin it back with a little bow or clip just to keep it out of her face. When we go out, I like to have it fixed like in the picture or in one ponytail on top of her head (although that is now too long and lays over to one side). It is not quite long enough for a full UP pony and so I guess I am stuck with the piggytails until it grows a bit more. If Mili's hair were not so much like mine (fine, fly-away, growing new hair around her hairline 24-7, so it is always sticking up somewhere) then I would not be writing this right now. I guess there are worse things she could have gotten from me.

I have had some nausea in the last few days. Smells are bothering me a little bit and cooking is becoming a tiny problem. Tuesday I was going to BBQ some left over pork roast for sandwiches and after cutting up all the meat I was feeling pretty sick. I managed to mix up the BBQ sauce (my special recipe) and Brian arrived home just in time to cook it. Needless to say I did not eat dinner that night and was doing a lot of fanning during the cooking process. Every time I get a little nausea I have flashbacks of my "morning sickness" (all day) with my first pregnancy. I don't wish that on my worst enemy (not that I have any...smile, I hope not many anyway).

Brian's back is better, thanks to all of you for your prayers and he is able to pick up Mili again. Boy am I thankful for his help when he is able (I don't know how single parents raise children).

We are counting down the days until we go to the doctor and get to hear or see the baby's heartbeat for the first time.

Hugs and kisses to all!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Awww...static is a girl's worst enemy sometimes. But she sure does hold her own well.

I'm sorry about the nausea. The only way I could avoid it was to never get hungry..I snacked ALL day: nuts, baby carrots, raisins, lemon-water, fruit, etc. If I was even a LITTLE hungry it was BAAAAAAAAAD.

I hope you get through this stage of pregnancy relatively quickly!

If the next baby is have as cute as Millie you are gonna be in big touble!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alice,
I read your blog all the time. I love to see the pictures of Millie.
I am so excited about the new baby. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Melanie is getting cuter everyday. I can't wait to get my hands on that baby. Her name is Hannah Jo.
Love y'all,
Aunt Peggy