Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Alice!!!!!!!!!!

I would first like to let everyone know that this is Brian speaking. I have hijacked Alice's blog so that I might proclaim how fantastic she is to all the world.

Alice is such an amazing woman. She is every aspect of the Proverbs 31 woman. In fact, I think King Solomon might of added a few qualities to his list had he met Alice. She is a fantastic friend, lover, helpmate and mother. When I see her with Sadie and Mili, I am just amazed. All of the things that I think of as work (e.g. bathing, changing, feeding, etc.), she embraces. She literally relishes every moment with her two girls.

Alice is also a very kind and caring woman. She never meets a stranger and she tries never to let someone continue with a need that she could meet. She is a fantastic Christian and many times has helped keep our family on the right track.

Of all the tings I treasure about Alice, I treasure the fact that she is my best friend. I know that wherever we go, whatever we do, I have someone who will support me, stand up for me, encourage me, and talk with me. She is my anchor, my rock, my light, my angel, and my shield.

Alice,
When you read this, I want you to know that I love you so much. Much more than these small, simple words can say. When we started out together 19 years ago, I never imagined life would be so good. How could I have imagined the amazing times God had in store for us. I am thankful everyday, that you did not say no to a young goofy 12 year old boy who stuttered as he said "Will you go out with me?". Although the pause was a little uncomfortable :))), I will never forget the joy that raced into my heart when you said yes. I know I have not always done the right things, or treated you the right way. But the one thing I hope you and everyone else can say is that I have loved you with every ounce of me. You are so special to me. The way you love me and care for me has transformed who I am as a husband, a father, and a lover. You make me better in every way. I love you. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Love,
Brian

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian - That was so sweet! Your words to your wife have touched me. Thank you for sharing.

Alice - Terry asked me to remarry him this morning. We are going to have the courtship we never had the first time around. We will renew in 2009. God does all the work if we let him.

Always, Trena

Alice said...

Brian,
What a nice surprise!!!!

Thank you for making me look so much better than I really am. I will cherish the words forever.

I love you to the moon and back.
A million kisses
Alice

LeLe said...

Brian, why do you have to go and make your cousin look bad? *Ahem* Note to self: make Maburn read this.

Seriously though, this was beautiful. So glad to know a man can tell the world how he feels about his lovely, wonderful wife. And Alice, those words are true and you know it!

Unknown said...

I'm with Lele..I am so making Richard read this one.

Anonymous said...

Brian, You really did learn something from your dad. Your letter to Alice is much like the letters your Dad sent me through the years. What an encourager he is and you have become. I'm glad you had such a wonderful example. I've always wanted our sons' marraiges to be filled with the love and passion we have always felt for each other(and still do). I know TMI. I love you. Mom